Following the recent success of the European Debating Championships broadcasting a live debate from each round online a new online video debate initiative will go live this week. The first "world cup online debates" will be available from the end of this week. The format is Australasian style (3 on 3). This year's tournament is contested by 8 teams from 6 countries.
1. Cornell University, USA
2. Universidad Andres Bello, Chile
3. University of Belgrade, Serbia
4. University of Vermont, USA
5. Comunidad de Debate, Venezuela
6. Assumption University, Thailand
7. Peking University, ChinaPEKING UNIVERSITY, CHINA
8. Universidad Central de Venezuela, Venezuela
If everything goes well the organisers plan to hold a larger tournament in 2011.
For more information visit http://debate.uvm.edu/debateblog/worldcup/Welcome.html