Anyone interested in taking over my job? =]
After 5 great years in South Korea, it's time for me to go home. I am leaving an amazing job, an ambitious school and wonderful students, and I certainly hope I don't regret it! I care deeply about the unique debate program here and the students and school. If you have any questions about the job or living in Korea, please feel free to contact me.
I would really appreciate it if you could send this out to anyone you think is capable and would be interested. Thank you.
The College of Business and Economics of Chung Ang University in Seoul (http://biz.cau.ac.kr/english/) is looking for TWO candidates to serve as Visiting Professors, starting March 2012. Below is a brief description of the position.
- Monthly salary of approximately 3 million won
- Two year contract
- Minimum 12 hours a week teaching time per semester (extra pay for extra hours)
- Summer and Winter paid vacation (Approximately 4 months, possible to teach Winter and Summer courses for extra money)
- Healthcare under the Korean National Healthcare system - includes dental
- No research requirements
- All teaching will be conducted in English, Korean proficiency is not required
- Debate in Business - an introduction to debate course that is mandatory for all freshmen in the Business College (approx 250 students). Each class is two hours. You will need to help organize a debate tournament that is part of their evaluation.
- Business Communication 1 - self-selected course, focusing on Presentation Skills, Meetings
- Business Communication 2 - self-selected course, focusing on Writing, Negotiation, Job Hunting Skills
- Business Communication for MBA students and Part-Time students
Non-Teaching Responsibilities (optional)
- Coach and advise the Chung Ang Universities Debate team (Asians, Australs and British Parliamentary Formats)
- Help organize the Asian Debate Institute (a 10 day workshop run in the Summer and Winter)