I have the pleasure to invite you to SSE Riga IV 2011 taking place on 9th and 10th of December 2011.
SSE Riga IV is the oldest and one of the most prestigious debating tournaments in the Central and Eastern Europe. Through the years SSE Riga IV has gained reputation as a tournament that gives the opportunity to enjoy unforgettable socials and top-notch adjudication by some of the best and most successful judges in Europe.
Our CA this year is Hugh Burns (the winner of the Euros 2011 in Galway and the finalist of Euros 2010 in Amsterdam, as well as the winner of the Manchester IV and the Bristol Open, who also reached the final of Worlds, the Trinity IV, The Durham/Newcastle IV and the Birmingham IV). As one of the DCAs we’ll have Martin Küüsmaa (ESL semifinalist at Oxford IV 2007, the winner of Kyiv Spring 2007 and the finalist of a number of international tournaments.)
We will have also a number of additional high qualified judges, among them is
* Neil Dewar (judged at worlds (Cork 2009), Durham IV, Yeditepe Open, and Four Nations debating tournament; coached the Scottish World Schools' team that made it to the Semi-final this year, runs the Oxford development squad, coached sessions in Israel, the Netherlands, etc.; got into the finals at Euros twice.)
* Jen Coyne (judged at worlds (Koc 2010), LSE open, Oxford IV, and the Oxford Womens' tournament; run various workshops at all levels at Oxford, broke 4th at worlds in Botswana)
* Martins Vaivars (3rd best ESL speaker in the European University Debating Championships in Newcastle, broke at the main break of Oxford IV 2008, won and became the 2nd best speaker of Cambridge IV 2008 ESL, topped the tab of the Baltic Championships 2009);
* Arvydas Ziobakas (broke at the Oxford IV 2008; won Cambridge IV 2008 ESL as well as broke at EUDC 2009 ESL as the 8th best ESL speaker);
* Anna Karolin (top speaker of all the Baltic tournaments in 2009/2010 season, a two time winner of SSE Riga IV, an ESL semi-finalist and 6th top speaker in Koc Euros, breaking judge in Amsterdam Euros, the CA of Estonian BP championships 2010).
You can read more about the tournament and judging pool in our homepage: http://www.sserigads.com
SSE Riga IV is a great way how to prepare for the upcoming WUDC in Manila.
The registration fee is 40 EUR per debater and 30 EUR per adjudicator. However, we are ready to offer considerable discounts for teams and judges that are having large travel costs or that have remarkable achievements.
If you have some questions about the tournament, feel free to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
The registration is already open! There are still cheap tickets with Ryanair, Air Baltic and other companies, so hurry up and see you in Riga!
The Chief Convener of the SSE Riga IV 2011
Phone: +371 26431843