The Cambridge Union Society is proud to present one of the highlights of the debating calendar, one of the most celebrated debating tournaments in the world; and the largest Cambridge IV.
It will take place this year on the 18th and 19th of November 2011.
- Registration will open on our website and on our Facebook group on the 1st September at Midday (GMT).
- £85 Registration Fee; to include a Black Tie social, with further details to be announced.
- Supplementary Package available to all for £25 per team. For £25 we offer entry into the Thursday night Union debate, Debating Workshops run by top Cambridge Debaters, guaranteed crash Thursday night, and tours on Friday morning before the IV begins.
- A 120 team cap, with an initial 4 teams per institution cap. N-1 judges for UK teams.
Highlights of the tournament include:
- 5 Preliminary Rounds of Closed Motions, 7 minute speeches. Open break to Quarter-Finals, ESL break to Semi-Finals.
- A prestigious CA Team, featuring:
CA Fiona Prowse (2011 World Champion, 2010 Cambridge IV Winner, 2009 Australs Champion)
CA Harish Natarajan (2010 Worlds Semi-Finalist, 2010 and 2011 Euros Finalist)
DCA Nathalie Smith (2011 Worlds Octo-finalist, 2010 Euros Quarter-finalist and DCA of the Nottingham Open)
- Expert tabbing from Bob Nimmo
- One of the best judging pool available; to include Art Ward, Andrew Tuffin, Sam Block, Jack Gamble, Joe Roussos, Richard Lau, Tom Hosking, Daniel Warents, Simone Van Elk and many others.
- A Hog Roast Dinner
- A Black Tie Champagne Social
For more information, contact the OrgCom, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Maria English (Convenor)
James Hardy (Convenor)
Rebecca Meredith (Deputy Convenor)
Craig Docherty (Deputy Convenor)
See www.cambridgeiv.com for more details