The season opener for the new US WUDC circuit took place at Binghamton this weekend. There were 60 teams in the competition which is excellent for any competition never mind such a new circuit.
Runners UP: Cornell-BS
Finalists: Colgate-TM, HWS-KM
Final Judges: Chris Croke, Lewis Iwu, Mary Nugent
1. THW ban for-profit universities
2. THW allow wildlife park officials to sell parts of animals who have died natural deaths
3. THB that the parents of morbidly obese children should be charged with child abuse
4. THW reduce prison sentences in exchange for convicts gaining educational qualifications.
5. THW allow people to sell their votes.
6. THW require independent professional accreditation of all individuals who receive compensation for providing political commentary in the media.
Quarters: THW grant dolphins, porpoises and whales rights equivalent to those of human children.
Semis: THW ban the creation of artificial life.
Finals: THW make all middle schools and high schools single gender
The Chief Adjudicator was Alfred Snider, University of Vermont and Tab Director was Steve Llano, St. John’s University
The tab can be found at: http://debate.uvm.edu/usudc/usudctab0809.html