- There are more orphaned children in Zimbabwe than any other country in the world. As the older generation dies out, young people need to lead
- Until this month there has been no aid for Zimbabwe since 2000
- In the recent past freedom of speech hasn’t been an option for Zimbabweans
- A formal debate
- Requires no expensive resources
- Motivates students to research issues
- Teaches teamwork
- Encourages confidence and leadership skills
- Improves listening skills
- Can help students to win scholarships to universities.
There will be a few opportunities to get involved. The first two are
1) Innocent and some of his youngsters will be sending out a blog-style email covering life and learning in Zimbabwe. They asking for £2 (or a donation) from those who would like to receive the email. This can be given to directly to Kate if you meet her at a debating event around London or deposited into the bank account (firstname.lastname@example.org for details). The first email will be out in mid June. Please email if you’d like to be on the list.
2) There will be a leisurely sponsored walk in north London on Sunday July 5th. Again please email if you would like to take part. Details will follow!
Tel 07970 200 770