It gives the Tallinn Debating Sociery great pleasure to announce the hosting og Tallinn IV 2009, which also happens to be the 5th Baltic Championships. The event builds on our experience from the EUDC 2008 and is planned to take place over May 3rd-8th, including a 4 day academy and 2 day tournament.
With the help of funding from the European Union Youth in Action programme we are able to cover participation costs for the whole week and 50% of travel expenses for up to 60 participants, provided they attend the whole event. We are now looking for partner organisations from EU member states that would be interested and capable of sending prople to the event from their ddebating society and/or country. Each partner organisation should commit to sending a delegation of 6-10 people. Bear in mind that not all delegates have to be members of your debating society - they just have to be legal residents of your country. Here is a list of opportunities and expectations:
What we offer
- Free participation of a weeklong event (incl. accomodation, food, most socials, and transportation in Estonia)
- 50% reimbursement of travel expenses to Tallinn, Estonia (economy class tickets, may exclude travel costs to your departure airport)
- Top-flight BP coaches to improve your debating skills
- Fun-packed event with a 4-day academy outside of Tallinn and a 2-day tournament in Tallinn
- High level of debating and judging
- and then some.....
What we expect
- Confirmation of your commitment by October 20th
- Initial list of participants' names and the group leader's name by October 25th (people may change later on with a good excuse)
- Fill in and sign the preliminary agreement form by October 25th (includes data on your organisation, initial list of participants names and a name of group leader)
- Scan and e-maiil the form to email@example.com by October 25th (fax alternative also available if requested)
- Post the form to Estonian Debating Society (Joe 9, 10151 Tallinn, Estonia) by October 25th
- Readiness for 1-2 representatives to attend a 2-day advanced planning meeting in Estonia during Spring 2009
- Motivation for representatives of your delegation to prepare a 45 minute lecture on the subject of innovation in the economy (specific focus to be determined later)
We hope to receive participants from all applying partnet organisations, but if we run out of slots, we will for the sake of reliability prefer organisations that we have a working relationship with from EUDC 2008 and Tallinn IV 2007. We aim to have up to 8 partner organisations. The event will also be open to other participants.
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd be more than happy to fill you in on this what we believe is an exceptionally good offer and hope to welcome you in Estonia next spring.
Tallinn Debating Society - www.debate.ee/tvk
Estonia Debating Society - www.debate.ee