Korea University 2 won a tense final against EDiS (Ewha Division of International Studies) 4 on a 4-3 split decision.
The final between Korea University 2 (Jisoo Kang, Jaeyong Shin, and Minkyong Cho) and EdiS 4 (Hanna Ko, Yulan Kim, and Selim
Choi) were judged by Sophie Lee (Chief Adjudicator: Debate Association of Ewha), Mikyung Kim (DCA:Kyunghee Int'l Studies),
Jayhyun Lee(DCA:Kyunghee Int'l Studies), Logan(Chungang), Hyesoo Monica Jang(Debate Association of Ewha), Taekwan An(Hanyang), and Jingzhi Ye(Debate Association of Ewha).
Debate Association of Ewha 5 def. CUDS (3-0)
Best Speaker: Yoon Hyo Jung (DAE 4)
Seoul National University 2 def. Seoul National University 1 (3-0)
Best Speaker: Rose Chang (Hanyang)
Edis 4 def. Hanyang 2 (2-1)
Yonsei 1 def. Yonsei 2 (2-1)
KU 2 def. Yonsei 3 (3-0)
KU 1 def. Edis 1 (2-1)
Edis 4 defeated KU1
KU 2 Defeated Yon 1
Hannah Ko (Edis 4)
Yulan Kim (Edis 4)
3: Suhyun Yuoo (Hufs)
4: Wonjun Jang (Yonsei 3)
5: Min Young Kim (Edis 3)
6: Bokyeong Kwon (KU 4)
7: Hyewon Rho (KU 1)
8: Nayoung Song (Yonsei 2)
Hoyoon You (Edis 1)
Kyungeun Park (HUFS)
THW not confiscate land from descendants of collaborators with Japan during its colonial rule.
Round 1 : Korea
THBT Korea should priortize China over the US in diplomatic relations.
THW nationalize the tele-communications industry.
THW exclude Soju from the list of essential items announced by the Korean government to monitor inflation.
Round 2 : Social Contract
1. THBT all democratic governments should abandon laws which allow prosecution of citizens for insulting their nations.
2. THBT government should not financially profit from its citizens' sins.
3. THW limit civilian use of guns in America.
Round 3 : Human Body
1. THW allow commercial surrogate motherhood.
2. THW give prisoners with a life sentence the right to choose the death penalty.
3. THW chemically castrate pedophiles.
Round 4 : Ideology
1. THBT socialism in Latin America has done more harm than good.
2. THBT authoritarian regimes are justifiable in developing nations.
3. THBT feminism has not contributed to the well-being of women in the world.
Round 5 : International Institutions
1. THW limit the number of times United Nations Security Council members can veto.
2. THBT democracy should be the condition for debt relief for African nations.
3. THBT it is legitimate to use aid to buy votes in international organizations.
(Rookie Final) : Cute Animals
1. THW ban fur imports from developing nations. (debated)
2. THBT zoos bring more benefits than harms to society.
3. THW allow the police to shoot poachers.
(EFL Final) : Celebrities’ on the spotlight!!!
1. THBT paparazzi are beneficial for celebrities.
2. TH supports celebrities entering politics.
3. THBT celebrities should not adopt children from developing nations. (debated)
Quarter : Elections
1. THW repudiate the democratic election in Bhutan.
2. THW discourage women in Pakistan from casting ballots in order to protect their lives.
3. THW place a cap on the spending of candidates during election campaigns.
Semis : Greater Asia
1. THBT China's quest for raw materials from developing nations/rogue regimes is detrimental to the world.
2. THW pressure India to open its border to accept Tibetan exiles.
3. THBT the Kurds are better off without a Kurdish state.
Final : Law and Justice
1. THBT civil disobedience is essential to democracy. (debated)
2. THW abolish the use of insanity as a legal defense.
3. THW require doctors to report minors with HIV to their parents regardless of patients' consent.