The International Medical University in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia will be hosting the 6th National Health Sciences Debate from 27th to 29th October 2007
The list of motions has been released for participants to view.
6th National Health Sciences Debate MOTIONS
(21st Century Medicine: Making Us Better???)
International Medical University
Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
27th – 29th October 2007
1. This house should give the Government the go-ahead in eKesihatan.
2. This house would stand behind hybrid-embryonic cloning.
3. This house believes that the private sector should do more to support the healthcare service in Malaysia.
4. This house would make medical insurance compulsory for all.
5. This house would stand behind a National Healthcare Plan.
6. This house believes that the Malaysian Government is not paying enough attention to the healthcare sector.
7. This house would urge the Malaysian Government to play a larger role in women's healthcare. 8. This house believes that only pharmacist has the right to dispense drugs.
9. THW honour only the words of the terminally ill patient for euthanasia.
10. This house would make passing an aptitude and communication test compulsory for all medical student before progressing to their clinical years.
11. This house would make organ donation compulsory for all brain dead patients.
12. THBT medical schools should do away with the current PBL based medical curriculum.
13. THBT that medical services provided in-flight by a doctor should be absolutely free.
14. THBT the US child health insurance program should be implemented in Malaysia.
15. THBT athletes suffering from Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome should be excluded from the Gender Testing regulations.
16. THBT the government should make it compulsory for the private sector to offer the option of the 5 years maternity leave.