email from Jason Jarvis
I have been asked to post the following job advertisements for 2 English lecturers at Hansung University in Seoul, South Korea.
The positions will be available for native English speakers with at least a BA, though they prefer an MA level candidate.
Please direct specific questions to Dr. Wee at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Ad for March 2008 Position
Posted By: Hansung University
Hansung University in Seoul, South Korea, seeks a well-qualified, highly motivated native English speaker, enthusiastic about teaching, to become a full-time faculty member (non-tenure track) in the Hansung Institute of Language Education.
1. Qualifications: Language education majors with MA or TESOL specialists arepreferred.
2. Contract Period: One academic year (March 1, 2008 –February 28, 2009) and renewable
3. Teaching Obligation: Minimum 15 lecture hours perweek
(1) If there is a need, instructors may be required to teach non-credit enrichment classes during semesters.
(2) Instructors are also responsible for class-related extra activities, student counseling, committee work and attendance at faculty meetings.
(3) If needed, all instructors are required to teachclasses of the summer or winter school.
(1) BA holder will receive \2,400,000 per month(before tax)
(2) MA holder in language education will receive from\2,500,000 permonth (before tax)Allowances such as medical insurance and private school annuity will be provided. Salary can be raised according to lecturer's successful achievement.
Extra work demanded by the University can be compensated.
5. Housing: Free housing minus utilities can be provided if any vacant school house is available. Otherwise, \300,000 for housing subsidy will be paid on off-campus residence.
6. Vacation: Two month-paid vacation per year
7. Required Documents:
(1) Application Form (downloadable)
(2) CV with
(3) Copies of diplomas and certificates
(4) Copies of academic transcripts for the screening process
Official sealed transcripts should be mailed to the University directly from the designated college or university for final approval.
(5) 2 recent Recommendation Letters from former employers or professors including phone numbers or email addresses.
(6) Copy of ID page of passport
Please submit your application form first by e-mail email@example.com, which should be followed by all the required documents via regular mail to the following address no later than October 27, 2007.
Professor of English Department
389 Samseon-dong 3-ga, Seongbuk-gu
Seoul 136-792, Korea
Assistant Dean and Lecturer
Korea Development Institute Graduate School of Public Policy and Management
President, All Asian Debate Championship Executive Council