The soul of democracy is keeping your citizens alive.
1. How we must look at truth as an instrumental group.
2. Can you win while telling the truth?
3. The moral cost: the harm from giving up option is greater, especially because of the alternatives we'd have to pursue.
1. Preserving democracy is more important.
2. No comment doesn't work. Can't maintain a free media and simply say no comment.
Torture etc. Info never comes from our own government anyway.
War has ups and downs. Need to even it out. No comment causes answers to be inferred.