The Deree College Debating Club is pleased to announce the Athens 2007 - XXX3 Invitational Deree College Debating Tournament that will take place on April 19-22, 2007. This tournament is an excellent opportunity to prepare for Europeans in Turkey.
Our adjudication team is spearheaded by Can Okar, European Champion 2003 and CA of EUDC 2007.
5 preliminary rounds breaking into semi-finals. There is no institutional cap. We have an n-2 rule in place for judges.
You can fly to Athens using various low-budget carriers, such as easyJet from Berlin, London and Milan, SkyEurope from Krakow and Virgin Express from Brussels. Check with us for travel advice on low-budget airlines from other countries. Train services also operate between Athens and Balkan capitals for as low as € 100 round trip - check with your national rail operator or contact us for more information.
Our registration pack is available online at http://www.lande.com/athens2007.pdf
Registration fee: 90 euros per person until February 28, 2007 for international teams.
- Accomodation in our partner 4-star hotel, President.
- Lunch & refreshments on the 20th and the 21st (competition days)
- Transportation to/from the venues.
- Trips to some of Athens' ancient monuments (such as the Acropolis).
- A social event in the largest nightclub Athens can offer.
For any questions please don't hesitate to mail us at email@example.com