Dear Friends of Debate, I am happy to announce that we will be holding the 1st China National High Schools' English Debating Championship 2011 this summer in the city of Nanjing, China.
We would like to invite your high schools and/or your former high schools to send debate teams to compete in this inaugural, ground-breaking event in China.
Please help us to spread the word on this event by forwarding it to teachers, debate trainers and students you know who may be interested to consider coming to join our debate party.
Below is a summary of the event at a glance:
1. Dates: 23th to 29th July (Arrival on 23rd and Departure on 29th July)
2. Location: Jinling High School, Nanjing, China
3. Debate Format : 3-on-3 World Schools' Style
(World Schools' Debating Championship or WSDC Debate Format)
4. Tournament Capacity: 50 Teams
5. Schedule: Please see Schedule document attached.
6. Tournament Structure
a) Main Competition -- For Mainland Chinese High School Teams
b) International Finals Series -- For High School Teams from Macau, Hong Kong, Taiwan, International Schools in China, and the rest of the world
c) 8 Preliminary Rounds of Debates, Quarter to Grand Final
d) High Schools do not need bring along judges as we will be inviting top local/overseas judges to provide quality adjudication
7. Registration Fee -- 800Chinese Yuan/RMB per debater/teacher/judge (excludes hotel accommodation)
8. Registration Deadline: 21st May 2011
9. Registration Method : Submission of Registration Form A (attached) by 21st May 2011 to both these email addresses:
2. George Chen at: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Social Events
a) Opening Ceremony/Welcome Dinner
b) Break Night Dinner & Party
c) Grand Final/Closing Ceremony/Awards Presentation/Championship Dinner
11. Tournament Website
A Tournament Website will be ready by 23rd April. It will contain the same information I have given in the attached documents, and will be updated regularly.
Thanking you and hoping to hear from you, on behalf of the Organising Committee.
For more information or clarification, please write to me.
loke wing fatt
1st China National High Schools' English Debating Championship 2011
Society for Associated Inter-Tertiary Debaters (SAID)