The Monash Debating Review is an annual debating publication, produced by The Monash Association of Debaters. The MDR is a scholarly, interdisciplinary journal that addresses issues of interest to debaters. We are currently seeking submissions from those with an interest in debating or debating issues for the 8th volume of the MDR . The MDR has a strong international focus. As such, we welcome submissions from all over the globe.
- Should be in English
- Should be 2000 to 3000 words in length
- Should be proper annotated in accordance with the guideline document. The guidelines are also available from any of the editorial team.
- Should be sent to the editorial committee via Harish Natarajan, the Editor in Chief by e-mail at email@example.com in Word or RTF by July 31, 2010. Submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis so early submissions are encouraged.
- Should include a SEPARATE document stating the author’s name, University and debating society where applicable, a brief biography focusing on debating experience, contact e-mail address, postal address, word count and the title of the submission. Please do not place any identifying information in the body of your work.
- Joint authorship is permitted
- Publication is open to all those interested. Submissions must, however, be in some way relevant to debating.
- Submissions should focus either on an issue that may concern the international debating community, or a current event, or issue of international significance and its applicability to debating. The previous edition included essays on the use of International Law in debates, the politics of climate change, the role of a whip speaker, the substance of style, new arguments from new epistemologies, and debating in Africa.
Anyone who is interested in submitting an article is encouraged to contact one of the editorial team.
The Monash Debating Review is a peer reviewed journal. One or more referees will evaluate each submission. The author's name will not be disclosed to referees while they are evaluating submissions. Submissions may be returned for the author to make changes. Referees’ reports will be sent to each author after submission. In submitting an essay, the author agrees to transfer copyright, including electronic copyright, to the Monash Debating Review. We reserve the right to make changes to the essay before publication; these will not affect the substance of the submission.
Any queries requests for further information should be sent to the Editor (firstname.lastname@example.org) or to your regional Associate editor (email address below)
We look forward to reading submissions from some of you soon!
Harish Natarajan, Editor, IONA, email@example.com
Paralabh Gupta, Associate Editor, Oceania, firstname.lastname@example.org
Andy Hume, Associate Editor, Asia, email@example.com
Padraic Ryan, Associate Editor, North America, firstname.lastname@example.org