This Blog has now moved to idebate.org/worlddebating - all future posts will be made there!

18 December 2009

Worlds Council


Dear all,

Earlier today, I rather lost the gift of diplomacy and, in anger, made hurtful comments on this blog about Can Okar, the Chief Adjudicator and his role in the misunderstanding. We have since spoken and I apologise to Can. In particular, I accept that no decision was made specifically to exclude Adiba Shareen from the tournament, as I believed and suggested. I think the tone of my remarks and Can’s decision not to prolong the issue reflect equally on both Can and me. It was, I hope, out of character and I regret not being in full possession of the facts when I posted. 


I will leave further announcements to Ian, Adiba and the Org Com.

Neill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.