As many of you may know, the University of Vermont has a very active debate program. We do policy debate (USA) as well as WUDC debate (regional, national, international).
For the school year beginning in the Fall we may very well be seeking a trainer to work with our WUDC program. We seek contact now with interested candidates.
Such a person should:
- Have a masters degree
- Be able to teach basic public speaking
- Have substantial and demonstrable WUDC format knowledge and success
- Be willing to live from Sept-April in Burlington, Vermont (one of America's most beautiful cities
- Be willing to work with large group of WUDC debaters
- Be willing to travel to regional and international tournaments (all expenses covered)
In return, the position would offer:
- Substantial payment for debate training (1/2 time)
- Substantial payment for teaching two sections of public speaking, two in fall and two in spring (1/2 time)
- Lovely office and administrative support
- Assistance locating affordable housing
We are anxiously seeking an experienced trainer, and realize that this person may well come from outside th USA. Our university will lead the work visa process.
Please contact me for precise details and provide a curriculum vita and a list of references.
-- Alfred C. Snider aka Tuna
Edwin Lawrence Professor of Forensics
University of Vermont
Huber House, 475 Main Street, UVM, Burlington, VT 05405 USA
Global Debate Blog http://globaldebateblog.blogspot.com
Debate Central http://debate.uvm.edu
World Debate Institute http://debate.uvm.edu/wdi
World Debate Institute Blog http://worlddebateinstitute.blogspot.com