The Pan- African Universities Debating Championships (PAUDC) Organizing Committee, (formerly Botswana Worlds bid organizing committee) in conjunction with The University of Botswana and The Botswana Debating Council, is proud to organize the Inaugural Pan- African Universities Debating Championships to be held in Botswana, Gaborone in December 2008.
The tournament will
- be held in Worlds Style, at the University of Botswana campus in Gaborone
- be from the 8th to the 14th of December 2008
- cost P450 per person (less than 90 USD) - this is inclusive of accommodation, meals, events (Opening and Break night party, Championship dinner AND a visit to the Mokolodi nature reserve to experience Africa's Big 5!)
- include a training workshop and adjudication test
- feature a board meeting with representatives from all African debate institutions, to build a cooperative framework to promote debate
We are very grateful for the support of IDEA (International Debate Education Association) who will subsidize half the registration fee of all the participants; our organizing partners, the University of Botswana, Mokolodi Nature reserve and Phakalene Golf resort and all the others who have supported us in the past and continue to give us strength.
Registration begins on the 15th of October. We realize there isn't much time before this event, and so we using all means possible to reach out to teams in the African region. Your helping us promote and recruit teams will be really appreciated. Our vision is to create a large and representative event, that will be educational and entertaining, and invigorate growth of debate in Africa.
For more information, visit our website at www.botsdebating.com, or email us at the addresses below.
Convenor, Justice Motlhabani - firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Convenor & Registration, Graham Sowa - email@example.com
Chief Adjudicator, Logan - firstname.lastname@example.org
See you in Botswana! :)
~the PAUDC team~