This Blog has now moved to idebate.org/worlddebating - all future posts will be made there!

12 March 2008

Pimp my casefile

Like Oh My GOD! According to the New York Post debating is no longer the preserve of the nerds in high school as it was in my day. MTV are making a new show where they will follow a high school debate team for a year.
  • New show
  • High-school reality show
  • You and your high-school debate team or marching band can have MTV document your year.
  • For more info: Contact Claresa Mandola, casting director, at (212) 654-4871 or castingspring08@mtvstaff.com.
And to think all it took was Denzel Washington and Oprah to make us cool. Can "American Debater" be far behind. As anyone who drew me as chair on a bad day knows I'd gladly take the Simon Cowell/Gordon Ramsey/Peter Jones cranky role.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.