OK I've discovered the problem. Lazy checking in excel. I had a V-lookup that pulled the teams into their Octo finals. All well and good for the first 7 octos. The 8th octo which was just off the bottom of the screen did not have the v-lookup and was locked with date from Worlds in Dublin. That probably explains why I had the same problem last year when I used the file. Instead of checking all the way down I flicked through a few at the top and saw that it was working and in a rush accepted that. When I glanced at my e-mail last night and saw a flood of complaints I checked what was wrong saw two files (in different directories) one of which looked to be correct (at the top) and one which was last years data and thought that might be the problem. Thankfully I had some doubts so didn't assume that was the issue and so didn't post until today when I found the issue with the v-lookup. See below for what I mean.
I have verified the draw from others posted on boards and e-mails and it lines up.
I will delete the old file and my apologies for any confusion caused.
(fingers crossed as I click on Publish post)